Vladimir (from RiotStatikk):
I honestly don’t believe Vlad is underpowered, but I would like to do some quality of life changes such as reverting his Q back to the full Rylai’s slow now that it is a 4 second cooldown spell.
Miss Fortune/Sivir (from RiotStatikk):
We’ve been talking about making adjustments to her ultimate recently. It’s a tricky spell though, one of those that if we miss the mark she can end up wiping entire teams. MF has a really strong early game, but seems to fall off as the game goes on even if she’s farming decently.
MF is certainly not in a bad spot, so she’s not as high priority. I’m currently looking into changes for Sivir, but I’ll bring this up as a discussion point
Patch notes are up here, champion updates are posted first, the rest can be found after the break:
- Unbreakable Will
- Duration adjusted to 7 seconds at all ranks from 6/7/8 seconds
- Physical and Magical Damage reduction reduced to 50/60/70% from 75% at all ranks
- Leap Strike damage reduced to 20/45/70/95/120 from 35/60/85/110/135
- Damage reduced to 60/95/130/165/200 from 75/110/135/180/215
- Empower now breaks spell shields
- Attack damage per level increased to 2.8 from 2.5
- Attack speed per level increased to 2.5 from 2
- Now scales with bonus attack damage at a 1.0 ratio in addition to a 1.0 ability power ratio
- Damage amplification increased to 6/7/8/9/10% from 5% at all levels
- Resonating Strike will now only automatically attempt to attack champions rather than all enemies
- Javelin Toss
- Mana Cost reduced to 50/60/70/80/90 from 60/70/80/90/100
- Cooldown reduced to 6 seconds from 7 seconds
- May now be affected by Cooldown Reduction
- Cooldown increased to 4 seconds from 3 seconds
- Primal Surge
- Mana cost adjusted to 60/80/100/120/140 from 65/70/75/80/85
- Base heal adjusted to 50/85/120/155/190 from 60/90/120/150/180
- Ability power ratio reduced to 0.7 from 1.25
- Swipe ability power ratio increased to 0.4 from 0.2
- Aspect of the Cougar now grants 10/15/20 armor and magic resistance instead of 10% Dodge
- Fixed several tooltip errors (especially those in Cougar form)
- Command: Dissonance base damage reduced to 70/115/160/205/250 from 70/120/170/220/270
- Command: Protect shield ability power ratio reduced to .4 from .6
- Fixed a bug with Command: Shockwave dealing extra damage at ranks 11 and 16
- Aria of Perseverance
- Base heal reduced to 25/50/75/100/125 from 35/70/105/140/175
- Ability power ratio reduced to .25 from .35
- Now grants double her passive aura bonus to her heal target and herself for 3 seconds
- Reduced the lockout time while casting Sona’s songs to make them more responsive
- Fixed a bug where Hymn of Valor and Aria of Perseverance caused her to deal 20% reduced damage
- Recommended Items updated
- Base health increased to 446 from 426
- Base health per level increased to 71 from 67
- Cooldown reduced to 2.5 seconds from 3 seconds
- Base damage reduced to 60/85/110/135/160 from 60/90/120/150/180
- Ability power ratio increased to .4 from .25
- Mana cost reduced to 35/40/45/50/55 from 40/50/60/70/80
- Shred increased to 8/9/10/11/12 from 8 at all levels
- Maximum stacks reduced to 10 from 20
- Range increased by 30
- Astral Blessing
- Ability power ratio reduced to .45 from .9
- Cooldown increased to 20 seconds from 10 seconds
- Base Heal increased to 70/140/210/280/350 from 60/120/180/240/300
- Armor buff increased to 25/50/75/100/125 from 20/35/50/65/80
- Armor buff duration increased to 5 seconds from 4 seconds
- Cast range increased to 750 from 650
- Ability power ratio increased to .75 from .6
- Cooldown reduced to 10 seconds from 15 seconds
- Silence duration adjusted to 1.5/1.75/2/2.25/2.5 from 1/1.5/2/2.5/3
- No longer grants double Mana when casting on yourself
- Ability power ratio reduced to .7 from 1.3
- Mana cost reduced to 100/175/250 from 200/275/350
- Base attack speed increased to .625 from .613
- Ability power ratio reduced to .6 from 1.1
- Cooldown increased to 20/19/18/17/16 seconds from 16/15/14/13/12 seconds
- Basic attacks now reduce Imbue?s cooldown by 1 second (from 2) but the reduction now increases to 3 seconds when attacking an enemy champion
- Turtle Stance
- Heal reduced to 10/12/14/16/18% from 12/14/16/18/20%
- Mana return reduced to 5/6/7/8/9% from 9/10.5/12/13.5/15%
- Fixed a bug with Phoenix Stance where the activation damage was counting as single target spell damage for Spell Vamp or Rylai’s
- Three Talon Strike knock up duration slightly reduced
- Audacious Charge slow duration reduced to 1.5 seconds from 1.75 seconds
Newest patch preview is up, see it here:
Previews the sustain changes (soraka, sona, nidalee, taric), buffs to Kayle, and nerfs to Jax
Possible upcoming nerfs to Wriggles Lantern:
Wriggles is very cheap for the stats it offers, and the ward slot is really good. I’m not sure if design wants to do anything about it specifically, but it’s been on the radar for a while
Phreak response to some of the sustain changes:
We don’t have a problem with carry/support per se. We aren’t even touching Janna (She was the second most popular support behind Soraka at IEM I think?) and we aren’t touching Alistar’s lane at all. Nor are we touching Taric’s stun/shatter offense combo. We’re nerfing how much you heal over a 30 second period. We’re buffing everything else so that maybe as Soraka, during the lane, you might make the CHOICE to actually level Q and use it to zone your opponents. Maybe you’ll actually use Infuse to harass and silence someone since with a long enough cooldown on heal you don’t need to just pump yourself with mana.
These all make for way more interesting situations in lane than, “Screw it, he’ll be full health anyway.”
No, I don’t think anyone’s going to play Tanky DPS Soraka. That’s not the point. The point is that there might actually be a situation where casting Q would be useful. I hear Sion players are mad about not using all their abilities. I’m confused as to why Soraka players would rather have useless skill but an overpowered heal.
In the spirit of sharing information I would like to give you all a preview of the support portion of the sustain remake that we are gradually pushing out to solve the sustain problems. The goal of the changes was to lower total healing per second, while trying to retain the saving power of the heals, or even increasing them. In the cast of some characters who suffer from lacking of things to do due to cooldowns, we’ve given much more power to their other abilities, and made them more frequently castable.
Once again a disclaimer: These changes are not final until they’re live, and may be subject to change, please do not use this against me as I would love to continue this exchange of information.
* Base health increased to 375 from 359
* Base health per level increased to 71 from 67
** Cooldown reduced to 2.5 from 3
** Base damage reduced to 60/85/110/135/160 from 60/90/120/150/180
** AP ratio increased to .4 from .25
** Mana cost reduced to 35/40/45/50/55 from 40/50/60/70/80
** Shred increased to 8/9/10/11/12 from 8/8/8/8/8
** Maximum stacks reduced to 10 from 20
** Cast range increased by 30.
* Astral Blessing
** AP Ratio reduced to 0.45 from 0.9
** Cooldown increased to 20 from 10
** Base Heal increased to 65/130/195/260/325 from 60/120/180/240/300
** Armor Buff increased to 25/50/75/100/125 from 20/35/50/65/80
** Armor buff duration increased to 5 from 4
** Cast range increased to 750 from 650
** AP ratio increased to .75 from .6
** Cooldown reduced to 10 from 15
** Silence duration compressed to 1.5/1.75/2/2.25/2.5 from 1/1.5/2/2.5/3
** No longer grants double mana to soraka on selfcast.
** Wish AP ratio reduced to 0.7 from 1.3
** REVERTED (Base heal reduced to 200/300/400 from 200/320/440)
** Mana cost reduced to 100/175/250 from 200/275/350
* Aria of Perseverance
** Base heal reduced to 25/50/75/100/125 from 35/70/105/140/175
** AP Ratio reduced to .25 from .35
** Now grants double her passive aura bonus to her heal target and herself for 3 seconds.
* Fixed a bug where Hymn of Valor and Aria of Perseverance caused her to deal 20% reduced damage
* Reduced the lockout time while casting Sona’s songs to make them more responsive.
Taric – (The comprehensive Taric changes will be out the following patch)
* Base attack speed increased to .625 from .613
** Ability power ratio reduced to 0.6 from 1.1
** Cooldown increased to 24/23/22/21/20 seconds from 16/15/14/13/12
** Basic attacks against enemy champions now reduce Imbue’s cooldown by 4 seconds (still 2 seconds against other targets)
* Javelin Toss
** Mana Cost reduced to 50/60/70/80/90 from 60/70/80/90/100
** Cooldown reduced to 6 from 7
** May now be affected by cooldown reduction
** Cooldown increased to 3.5 from 3
* Primal Surge
** Mana cost changed to 60/80/100/120/140
** Base heal changed to 50/85/120/155/190 from 60/90/120/150/180
** AP ratio reduced to 0.7 from 1.25
* Swipe AP ratio increased to 0.4 from 0.2
* Aspect of the Cougar now grants 10/15/20 Armor and Magic Resist instead of 10% Dodge
Response/clarification from Classick:
It seems like there is a lot confusion about the upcoming sustain changes, so I’ll try to clarify what we are doing with my own opinion of the upcoming changes.
Currently there are aggressive supports and there are passive supports, aggressive supports are characters such as Alistar and Taric. Meanwhile there are the passive supports such as Soraka and Sona. The thing is these passive supports have some good offensive attributes on them, and some of them are not even being used. For instance, I can’t remember the last time I’ve seen Soraka cast a Starcall, that to me is just silly. Soraka can still fulfill her support role with these changes, it’s just slightly different. For instance, instead of supporting your lane by sitting in a brush and holding down W/E on your lane partner you can go out and be aggressive to protect your lane partner, using Starcall on your opponents as well as silencing them when they try to retaliate and quickly casting your heal early on whomever your opponents choose to attack. This is similar to Alistar, who has one of the weaker sustain abilities in the game but can win his lane by being extremely aggressive. Zoning off his opponents away from his partner in lane and protecting them with his powerful CC abilities.
This to me is not only significantly more healthy for the game, but it also will create more action packed lanes, making aggressiveness optimal instead of passivity. With the significantly longer cooldowns on heals, your options on how to approach a fight is being increased greatly, you have more opportunities to strike your opponents while their heal is on cooldown. You will have a much more heavy incentive to be aggressive and apply pressure because the support you are fighting cannot just top off the damage you have done within 30 seconds.
For those of you who think that these changes will lower the amount of choices to play as a support, I think this will broaden the spectrum of choices you have as a support player. Currently the optimal supports to be played are ones that can constantly provide sustenance in lane, which has greatly lowered the amount extremely powerful supports such as Janna as a choice. It’s not only Sona and Soraka who received some changes to their sustain, other characters in their league of sustain such as Taric have had some tweaks made as well. How great would it be if you could lane versus a good Soraka as a character without any sustain such as Lux and actually win beyond level 5!
tl;dr The most powerful supports currently are the ones who can infinitely sustain their lane and play passively while allowing their partner to farm. This role should stay intact, but through the means of aggressiveness and confronting their opponents as opposed to playing passive. Reducing the dependency on sustenance will help broaden the spectrum of viable supports in lane, and make the lane and those characters more fun/active!
A Shen update:
Guinsoo is primarily working on Shen, but I’ll try to give you guys some insight into where we are at.
It is quite clear that internally we have agreement on AP ratio buffs to his Q damage and R shield.
To me, Shen’s late game energy seems to be an issue for him as well but nothing is decided yet.
Other current debates:
1) Some want to buff his early game enough to make him a solid jungler and duo laner again, but there is a lot of fear of him becoming an overbearing solo lane (ie: Lanewick, Udyr). Energy based ranged harass is extremely frustrating to deal with especially on Shen who severely punishes you for attempting to engage and trade with him.
2) We want to re-make Feint but haven’t had time recently to really sit down and hammer out the full direction. We definitely want the W to become a button Shen players will love to use instead of ignore. There is a lot of clamoring about giving Feint some kind of offensive twist when used optimally, but nothing is really set in stone.
There isn’t too much else that I’ve seen about specific changes, so here are a couple of Riot’s assessments of other champions, beginning with Olaf and Veigar:
Olaf and Veigar are on the the list of champions that require updates. Veigar is currently in active rework.
She is incredibly strong still at the moment, and a lot of top players are asking for a light nerf… so I think we wouldn’t buff her anytime soon. Sorry.
I think after the tanky DPS meta, we’ve been cautious on Tanky DPS balance, but I agree Renekton can probably use some love. I’ll bring this up with live team for a future patch (not the next one, for a number of reasons )
Blitz, Poppy, Galio from Phreak:
In my personal opinion Blitzcrank, Poppy, and Galio are safe.
They’re probably all OP (Yes I called Galio OP), but the thing about unpopular OP champions is that players just tend to think “Oh, that Blitzcrank’s really good” as opposed to “Wow, Blitzcrank wins every fking game. Stupid OP champ.”
Latest patch notes can be found here
Because there are so many bugfixes and minor quality of life changes this week, I will separate out the more substantial champion balance changes and post the rest of the bugfixes/other changes after the “more” tab:
- Basic attack projectile speed increased to 1750 from 1500
- Dark Wind
- Damage reduced to 65/85/105/125/145 from 65/90/115/140/165
- Fixed a bug where Dark Wind would fizzle when Fiddlesticks died
- Fixed a bug where Dark Wind was bouncing 4 times instead of 5
- Drain ability power ratio reduced to .45 from .5
- Terrify cooldown increased to 15/14/13/12/11 seconds from 14/13/12/11/10 seconds
- Decisive Strike movement speed duration increased to 4 seconds from 3 seconds
- Judgment cooldown reduced to 13/12/11/10/9 seconds from 14/13/12/11/10 seconds
- Courage maximum armor and magic resistance now 25 at all ranks from 5/10/15/20/25
- Armor and magic resistance shred increased to 3% from 2%
- Fixed a bug where Holy Fervor was shredding the target’s base armor and magic resistance rather than total armor and magic resistance
- Thundering Shuriken ability power ratio increased to .75 from .66
- Lightning Rush
- Energy cost adjusted to 100/95/90/85/80 from 100 at all levels
- Ability power ratio increased to .6 from .55
- Shield of Daybreak cooldown reduced to 11/10/9/8/7 seconds from 12/11/10/9/8 seconds
- Zenith Blade
- Mana cost reduce to 60 at all ranks from 60/65/70/75/80
- Particle adjusted to more accurately reflect the area of effect (actual area of effect unchanged)
- Leona will now attempt to attack the target if she uses Zenith Blade to jump to a target
- Solar Flare cooldown reduced to 90/75/60 seconds from 105/90/75 seconds
- Fixed a bug where Eclipse would break enemy spell shields on activation
- Updated Lux’s autoattack to feel more responsive and increased its missile speed
- Light Binding cooldown reduced to 15/14/13/12/11 seconds from 16/15/14/13/12 seconds
- Brutal Strikes mana cost reduced to 50/55/60/65/70 from 55/60/65/70/75
- Ground Slam
- Radius increased to 400 from 350
- Mana cost reduced to 50/55/60/65/70 from 60/65/70/75/80
- Fixed a bug where Unstoppable Force sometimes failed to pass through Crystallize, Pillar of Filth, and Cataclysm
- Updated Morgana’s autoattack to feel more responsive and increased its missile speed
- Base movement speed increased to 310 from 300
- Dark Binding cooldown reduced to 11 seconds from 12 seconds.
- Tormented Soil mana cost reduced to 70/85/100/115/130 from 70/90/110/130/150
- Soul Shackles
- Stun duration adjusted to 1.5 at all ranks from 1/1.5/2
- Cooldown reduced to 120/110/100 seconds from 120 seconds at all ranks
- Shackle activation time reduced to 3 seconds from 4 seconds
- Attack range increased to 125 from 110
- Soul Eater lifesteal increased at earlier levels to 14/17/20% from 10/15/20%
- Cooldown reduced to 15/14/13/12/11 seconds from 15 seconds at all ranks
- Mana cost reduced to 80 from 100
- Wither will now reach its max slow even if its duration is reduced (ie: by tenacity)
- Spirit Fire
- No longer has a 0.5 second delay before taking effect
- Now deals half of its damage initially and the other half over the duration — initial 55/95/135/175/215 (+0.6 ability power) Magic Damage and 11/19/27/35/43 (+0.12 ability power) Magic Damage each second for the next 5 seconds
- Fixed a bug where Siphoning Strike sometimes gained extra lifesteal
- Heartseeker Strike
- Now does a better job of hitting targets on top of Pantheon
- Damage increased to 13/23/33/43/53 from 4/6/8/10/12
- Scaling adjusted to a .6 bonus Attack Damage ratio from a .2/.25/.3/.35/.4 total Attack Damage ratio
- Now fires 3 strikes instead of 5
- Cooldown reduced to 10/9/8/7/6 seconds from 18/17/16/15/14 seconds
- Mana cost reduced to 45/50/55/60/65 from 70 at all ranks
- Channel duration reduced to .75 seconds from 1.8 seconds
- Spear Shot
- Damage increased to 65/105/145/185/225 from 16/28/40/52/64
- Now scales off of a 1.4 bonus Attack Damage ratio from a 1/1.15/1.3/1.45/1.6 total Attack Damage ratio
- Certain Death now causes Spear Shot to critically strike for 1.5x damage
- Aegis of Zeonia
- Cooldown adjusted to 13/12/11/10/9 seconds from 12 seconds at all levels
- Stun duration adjusted to 1 second from .7/.9/1.1/1.3/1.5
- Pantheon will now attempt to attack the target after using Aegis of Zeonia
- Grand Skyfall
- Jump channel time reduced to 2 seconds from 3 seconds
- Land time reduced to 1.5 seconds from 2 seconds
- Edge damage increased to 50% from 33%
- Bloodlust heal per 1 fury increased to .65/1.15/1.65/2.15/2.65 from .5/.95/1.4/1.85/2.3
- Spinning Slash
- Base damage increased to 70/100/130/160/190 from 60/90/120/150/180
- Bonus AD ratio increased to 1.2 from 1
- Fixed a bug where Tryndamere was not gaining the proper Fury upon using Spinning Slash
- Wukong will now attempt to attack a target champion after using Nimbus Strike
- Cyclone Attack Damage ratio increased to 1.2 from 1
- Wukong is now properly considered melee for items and spells that differentiate between melee and ranged characters.
- Fixed a bug where Crushing Blow was shredding the target’s base armor rather than total armor
- Omen of War attack damage ratio increased to 1.2 from 1
Watch the patch preview here:
A rundown of the changes:
- Fiddlesticks: numbers nerfs (unspecified which skills)
- Garen: utility buffs (“closing power”, “defense” were mentioned)
- Leona: buffs to cooldowns and mana costs
- Nasus: Wither is no longer affected by tenacity, numbers tweaks to allow nasus to jungle
- Pantheon: spear shot now applies heartseeker strike passive (crits at low life), heartseeker strike active has lower damage but reduced cooldown and channeltime, reduced channel time on Grand Skyfall
- Deathstreak changes: assists now work to negate deathstreaks (so that high assist based support champions are worth gold to kill), towers no longer affect kill/deathstreaks (to prevent people from suiciding to towers until they were worth less gold)
Here is some more details about Pantheon’s numbers:
He also scales off of bonus AD instead of base AD (different bases obviously). We didn’t mention it in the preview.
Pantheon deals ROUGHLY the same amount of damage per strike on Heartseeker (down to 3 from 5), but his actual scaling is the same for TOTAL damage. So you’ve got a more frequent, less base damage, same total scaling HSS. The cooldown is also -8 seconds (down to 6 at level 5, as you can see in the video).
Q is roughly equivalent. It’s a much more 1-to-1 comparison, but the scaling is slightly lower at end ranks. It still has that crit though, so in a lot of applications, it can end up dealing bonus damage.
W’s stun is 1 per rank with cooldown scaling instead. You’ll always have a convenient W-E-Q combo.
Small Kayle buffs+bugfixes in new patch